“An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” -Unknown
Friends, I’m celebrating and enjoying guilt-free living these days. Guilt-free of what you might ask? Guilt-free from not having to have it all together, not being “the good girl” all the time, not doing the Christian life perfectly, and most importantly, embracing personal self-care without feeling selfish or vain.
I’m very thankful to ministries such as PastorJosephPrince.com for teaching his empowering message of the gift of Grace-God’s unmerited favor, which opened my eyes to the deception and lies I believed. I’m grateful to teachers like Joyce Meyer and authors like Emily P. Freeman, who also teach bold messages of Grace, which allow radical transformation and change to take place.
And finally, I’m very grateful to God’s Word for revealing to me the freedom of living by grace versus the bondage of living by the law-something that used to suffocate me before being freed from the “Good Girl Syndrome”.
I strongly recommend reading the book of Galatians since the theme is pursuing holiness…not in our strength but HIS-not by observing or obeying laws but by putting our trust solely in HIM. Only God, through HIS Spirit, gives us the ability to live the Christian life with joy. What a relief!!
I’ve put together 12 self-care tips that are easy to incorporate, along with Bible verses that correlate to each concept. Hope you enjoy them and practice them as much as I am-they’re a game-changer. Enjoy the following tips- guilt-free: 🙂
- Pursuing A Purpose-Filled, Fulfilling Career-Consider a career change if unhappy, otherwise change your perspective. Colossians 3:23-24
- Enjoying Satisfying Relationships-It’s not possible at all times, but peace with self is. Romans 12:18
- Practicing A Consistent Faith Walk-Let’s not grow weary in our faith, but persevere to see results. Galatians 6:9
- Authentic Self-Expression-Being transparent and authentic should not be modeled by others, but by what God’s Word says about it. James 3:17
- Having Boundaries-Guarding our hearts protects us and allows others to respect our personal boundaries-what we allow, need, and desire. Proverbs 4:23
- Work-Life Balance-God created us for balanced living. Too much work and little time off takes a toll on our spiritual, mental, and physical health. Psalm 127:2
- Finding Time For Relaxation– Doing fun activities that relax us is crucial, but true chill can only come from the God of Rest. Psalm 46:10
- Restful Sleep– Sleeping 8 plus (quality) hours repairs and restores our body, mind, and spirit. Psalm 4:8
- Enjoy Times Of Play– Having childlike qualities, and embracing the simple things of life, is a joyful way to live. Matthew 18:3
- Eat Nutrient-Dense Foods– When you bring God into your eating choices, everything in our lives is affected, including the emotional and spiritual areas. 1st Corinthians 10:31
- Practice Enjoyable Exercise Routines– Find exercises that are truly enjoyable and “ALIGNED TO YOUR TASTE”-invigorating and relaxing for YOU. Practice them regularly, if not every day. 1st Corinthians 9:24
- Regular Pampering-Schedule manicures, pedicures, hair appointments, facials, or whatever SELF-CARE activities you’d like to partake in for the next few weeks-you’ll feel like a new woman. Mark 12:31
Let’s do this!! With lots of LOVE, I’m here for you. Let me know how I can support you on your Grace-Filled journey!